Will be cross trained in different areas in the shop to be able to help wherever we may need it. Needs to be able to read a tape measure. Needs to have a safety minded work ethic.
Assist the switch point finishing area with daily processes;
• Grinding, operating an impact wrench and doing inspection sheets;
• Must be able to read a tape measure;
• You also will have to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
On the job training will be provided.
Must be able to read a tape measure down to the 16th;
• Must be able to operate a 9″ grinder. be able to learn quickly and pay attention to detail;
• Good attendance record;
• Must be able to work around dust, grinding and welding fumes;
• Pre employment drug screen and criminal records and on-going random drug screening is a condition of employment.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status – governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
- Address Albertville, Alabama, United States
- Experience 0-2 years